Thanks for choosing MicroK12!
At MicroK12, we want to give you the best possible experience to ensure that you enjoy our service today, tomorrow, and in the future. Your privacy and the security of your personal data is, and will always be, enormously important to us. So, we want to transparently explain how and why we gather, store, share and use your personal data - as well as outline the controls and choices you have around when and how you choose to share your personal data.
About this Policy
From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your personal data we will provide you with more information and additional terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Policy.
The aim of this policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using MicroK12; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
Rights and preferences: giving you choice and control
We have implemented additional transparency and access controls in our Privacy Center and Privacy Settings to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access - the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure - the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object -
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you sign up for MicroK12 - when you sign up with MicroK12, we collect certain personal data so you can use MicroK12 such as your email address and shipping address.
- Personal data collected that enables us to provide you with additional features/functionality - from time to time, you also may provide us with additional personal data or give us your permission to collect additional personal data e.g. to provide you with more features or functionality. You always will have the option to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
- From third parties - we will receive personal data about you and your activity from third parties, including advertisers and partners we work with in order to provide you with MicroK12; (Sharing your personal data section below). We will use this personal data either where you have provided your consent to the third party or to MicroK12 to that data sharing taking place or where MicroK12 has a legitimate interest to use the personal data in order to provide you with MicroK12 Services.
This information helps us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
What personal data do we collect from you?
- Account Registration Data - This is the personal data that is provided by you or collected by us to enable you to sign up for and use of MicroK12. This includes your email address, birth date, gender, postal code, and country.
- Payment Data - when you use MicroK12, we collect personal data about your use of MicroK12, such as what songs you have played and what playlists you have created.
- Credit or debit card type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number;
- Postal code;
- Details of your transaction history.
- Via email;
- Whilst using MicroK12; and/or
- Direct from the third party.
Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with MicroK12 and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of MicroK12, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of MicroK12. For example, we keep your account information, shopping history, and quote requests.
If you request, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, please understand that you are leaving MicroK12 and any personal data you provide will not be covered by this Policy. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
Keeping your personal data safe
We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies including pseudonymisation, encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used MicroK12.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy.
When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within MicroK12 or by sending you an email. We may notify you in advance.
Please, therefore, make sure you read any such notice carefully.
How to contact us
3310 York Rd
Lynnwood, WA 98087
We hope you enjoy MicroK12!